The Dow Market Happenings For Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Dow stocks hitting 52 week highs include Chevron (CVX). There are no Dow stock 52 week lows.

The Market

Premarket today, the Dow was indicated to open up +188 points.

Tuesday the Dow was up +30.30 (+0.10%) at 31,832.74. NOTE: The Dow was up +347 at 12:30 pm Eastern time Tuesday.

Year-to-date the Dow is up +4.01%.

There were 13 Dow stocks up Tuesday.

The Dow stock winners Tuesday were led by Intel (INTC) 62.67 (+4.71%), Apple (AAPL) 121.085 (+4.06%) and Boeing (BA) 230.61 (+2.94%).

The Dow stock losers Tuesday were led by Disney (DIS) 194.51 (-3.66%), American Express (AXP) 145.10 (-3.44%) and Caterpillar (CAT) 216.80 (-2.16%).

A Labor Department report Wednesday showed the core consumer price index (CPI), which excludes volatile food and energy costs, increased 0.1% from a month earlier and 1.3% from the prior year. The overall CPI rose 0.4% from the prior month and 1.7% from a year earlier. Economists estimates for the month-on-month change in the CPI was for a 0.4% gain. The core measure was projected to rise 0.2%.

The Democratic-controlled House on Wednesday is expected to approve, along party lines, the Senate-passed, $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill. President Joe Biden is expected to sign it, sealing an early victory in advancing Democratic priorities and showcasing party unity. The bill includes up to $1,400 direct payments to most Americans, a federal unemployment benefits boost, and hundreds of billions of dollars for Covid vaccines and treatments, schools, state and local governments and ailing industries from airlines to concert halls.

European stocks are mostly higher and Asian markets ended mostly higher.

The national average price of gasoline is up 1.9 cents at $2.815 per gallon.

Earnings Reports

Nike (NKE) reports earnings on 3/18/2021 after the market close.

Today’s Featured Dow Stock

Travelers (TRV)

Travelers (TRV) 153.82 (-0.70%) is up +9.58% in 2021.

Financial Calendar

7:00 AM ET MBA Mortgage Applications

8:30 AM ET CPI

10:00 AM ET Atlanta Fed Business Inflation Expectations

10:30 AM ET EIA Petroleum Status Report

1:00 PM ET 10-Yr Note Auction

2:00 PM ET Treasury Statement

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.


Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/dow-jones-djia.com/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php on line 2781