- We can’t afford a General Motors crash.
- What would the economy look like if the government allows GM – General Motors to fail?
- Its no secret GM is borrowing billions of dollars that it cannot repay.
- Its no secret things at the company are getting worse by the day.
- The economic consequences of a GM failure would be staggering.
- GM (and its suppliers) employ millions of Americans.
- If GM failed the resulting mass surge in unemployment would be felt immediately by the 2/3 of the U.S. economy that depends on consumer spending.
- Cramer predicts another 2,000-point drop in the Dow if GM is allowed to fail.
- Cramer believes a GM failure would have double the impact of the Lehman Brothers collapse.
- Cramer’s not sure what the Federal Government will do in General Motors situation.
- Cramer sees two options for investors: sit on the sidelines and wait, or sell ahead of the news.
- Cramer believes investors simply shouldn’t buy into the markets unless they’re sure GM will be saved.
- Cramer would only be a bull if GM is saved.
- If GM fails he would be a buyer after his predicted 2,000 point freefall in the DJIA.
Here’s the list of stocks from Cramer’s Mad Money Show for Friday, November 14, 2008.
Note: Dow stocks mentioned tonight: Only GM and he gave no buy or sell on it.
*A CHARITABLE TRUST STOCK.